See Why There was Fire Outbreak In Lagos Warehouse

A building discovered to be shoes warehouse located at 118 Broad Street, CMS, in Lagos, has gutted by fire.

The warehouse ignited fire on Tuesday morning following power restoration at the area.

There was no casualty as a result of quick intervention of Lagos State Fire Service and Federal Fire Service to arrest the incident.

Read more

At press time, the level of damages have not been ascertained by the owner of the properties affected by fire.

According to a statement by Dr Olufemi Damilola Oke-Osanyintolu of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the agency responded quickly to a distress call on its toll-free 112 emergency number.

It said, “On arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire.

“The fire ignited as a result of a power surge when electricity was restored.

“Fortunately there was no casualty in the incident. The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State fire service and Federal fire service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. Operation ongoing,” the statement added.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments